The Mahindra Scorpio is undeniably one of the most popular SUVs in India. The second generation of the Scorpio was launched in 2008 with some structural and design changes. It was also designed to be more fuel-efficient than its predecessor. Known for its off-roading capabilities, the Mahindra Scorpio is fondly called the Big Daddy of SUVs in India. If you are thinking of becoming a proud owner of a Scorpio, then you must think about the four-wheeler insurance policy that you want to buy for it.
There are different types of car insurance policies available, including third-party insurance, own damage car insurance, and comprehensive car insurance policy. Many insurers offer comprehensive Mahindra Scorpio insurance for the complete protection of your car. Today, we will talk about the advantages offered by a Mahindra Scorpio car insurance policy.
About Mahindra Scorpio
With more than a decade of impeccable performance, the Mahindra Scorpio is one of the highest-selling SUVs in India. A modern SUV with many updates over the years, it is a reliable name in SUVs for Indian conditions. It offers great performance in off-road conditions as well as on city roads. It is one of the most affordable seven-seater SUVs with aggressive styling, a user-friendly structure, and an affordable price.
It is available in five different colours, including Napoli Black, Dark Grey, Dsat Silver, Pearl White, and Molten Red Rage. The average ex-showroom price of the Mahindra Scorpio ranges between ₹11.99 lakhs and ₹15.49 lakhs.
Different Types of Insurance for Mahindra Scorpio
Insurers offer a range of options for car owners looking to buy insurance for Scorpios. Most insurance providers are offering Mahindra Scorpio insurance online with three primary types of plans:
- Third-party insurance – This covers liabilities arising from damage to third-party property or persons resulting from an accident caused by the insured car. This is a mandatory requirement as per the Motor Vehicles Act 1988.
- Own Damage insurance – This covers damage to the insured car due to an accident, collision, or any other factors. It can be purchased along with a third-party liability cover.
- Comprehensive insurance – This includes third-party liability cover and coverage for damage to the insured car due to an accident, collision, fire, theft, or man-made/natural disaster.
Most insurers offer a plan designed for the Mahindra Scorpio. Make sure that you go through the details of the plan before buying.
Advantages of Mahindra Scorpio Car Insurance
Mahindra Scorpio insurance is a comprehensive car insurance policy offering the following advantages:
- Third-party liability protection: If your Scorpio causes an accident or collision and damages third-party property or injures a third party, you are liable to pay for the repairs and/or medical treatment costs. You might also be liable to pay compensation in certain cases. A Mahindra Scorpio car insurance plan protects you from all such liabilities.
- Own damage protection: If your car causes an accident and gets damaged, then you have to bear the expense of getting it repaired because the mandatory third-party liability-only policy does not cover these damages. With Mahindra Scorpio insurance, these costs are covered too.
- Injuries to the owner-driver: These plans offer coverage for medical treatment costs if the owner-driver of the Scorpio is injured during an accident or collision.
- Theft: Car thefts are not uncommon. If a car is stolen, then the owner needs to report it to the police. If the police are unable to locate it, then the Mahindra Scorpio insurance plan offers compensation to the car owner.
- Other risks cover: These plans offer coverage if the insured Scorpio gets damaged due to a fire, flood, earthquake, tsunami, vandalism, riot, an act of terror, etc.
- Customizability: Most insurers offer a range of add-on covers to help you customise the car insurance plan as per your needs. While these add-ons are available at a cost, they can ensure you get the protection you want for your beloved Scorpio.
While it is compulsory to buy a third-party insurance policy for your Mahindra Scorpio, you need to remember that these plans do not cover damages to your car. A comprehensive Mahindra Scorpio car insurance plan costs more than a third-party plan. However, it offers complete protection and the benefits listed above. Make sure that you go through the policy wording carefully before making the purchase. Good Luck!